Series: Chaos #4
Published by Forever on October 27, 2015
Amazon | Goodreads
Also by this author: Sweet Dreams, Rock Chick Reawakening
Meet the intense and sexy bad boy bikers of the Chaos Motorcycle Club in Millie and High's story from Kristen Ashley's New York Times bestselling series.
The flame never dies . . .
Millie Cross knows what it's like to burn for someone. She was young and wild and he was fierce and even wilder-a Chaos biker who made her heart pound. They fell in love at first sight and life was good, until she learned she couldn't be the woman he needed and made it so he had no choice but to walk away. Twenty years later, Millie's chance run-in with her old flame sparks a desire she just can't ignore. And this time, she won't let him ride off . . .
Bad boy Logan "High" Judd has seen his share of troubles with the law. Yet it was a beautiful woman who broke him. After ending a loveless marriage, High is shocked when his true love walks back into his life. Millie is still gorgeous, but she's just a ghost of her former self. High's intrigued at the change, but her betrayal cut him deep-and he doesn't want to get burned again. As High sinks into meting out vengeance for Millie's betrayal, he'll break all over again when he realizes just how Millie walked through fire for her man . . .
Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley wasn’t what I thought it was going to be! The surprises continued from the beginning and carried on throughout the rest of the story.
For a few reasons, I found myself skimming parts of Walk Through Fire:
- The way Walk Through Fire started; along with what I read from the synopsis, I knew its story would emotionally gut me. Seriously, I felt it was necessary to go ahead and get the punishment over and done with.
- The more I read, I knew I needed to quickly get to the climax. With patience, I knew I would have had a nervous breakdown.
- I needed Millie and High to their HEA (happy ever after) and to have all the angst stop.
I said all of that to say, it was necessary to skim.With everything that went on in this story, it would’ve been impossible to read every line.
If you can’t tell, I wasn’t emotionally, mentally, or physically ready for Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley.
- Emotionally, I haven’t been this scarred by a Kristen Ashley story in a long time. The angst of almost all the characters was on a whole other level.
- Mentally, I wasn’t ready for the f-uped-ness I would have to wrap my head around while reading; so many thoughts, assumptions, and predictions were going through my head. With every page turn I didn’t know what would be coming for each of these characters.
- Physically, I have never been stuck in one position with tears, unconsciously, leak from my eyes. As I was reading I was having somewhat of an out-of-body experience. The tears rolling down my face as I was on the roller coaster of emotions along with the characters.